NetworkManager and WEP still not compatible

Folks, I've seem all types of inquiries and responses about
NetworkManager, but I can not find any reasonable explanation why
NetworkManager does not work with WEP. NetworkManager does find my
Linksys WRT54G and it does find the wireless network. However, even
after I enter the WEP key NetworkManager keeps asking for "Secrets
required by wireless network". After I installed Fedora 9 fresh it
worked fine, but after some updates, NetworkManager does not like WEP
anymore. Any insights? Thanks a lot.

--
Luis Tedeschi <luis tedeschi gmail com>