Re: HOW the "H" do you get the Mic working in FC8, And Skype

David G. Mackay wrote:
On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 17:23 -0500, Jim wrote:
What kind of sound card do you have?  I've got one system with an Nvidia
chipset that emulates an Intel HDA sound card.  I jumped through lots of
hoops trying to get it working.  Then, in the process of installing
openmovieeditor, I installed the gmerlin mixer.  Using that got the mic
working.  This is on an F9 64-bit system with pulseaudio running.

Dave

 Creative Labs CT4832 SBLive,   snd_emu10k1 driver.
What and where is the gmerlin mixer ?

http://gmerlin.sourceforge.net
It's a suite of multimedia programs.  I got the mixer by installing the
all-in-one package.  It's a bit drastic, but it did work for me.

Dave

Dave I want to think you for that info, I was trying to compile just the gmerlin.tar.gz and what a freaking nightmare with dependencies, and when you come back on the all-in-one, that sure made life much easier.
That is the longest compile I have ever done with no errors.
Boy the guy that put that tar.gz together deserves a big hug.
Boy talk about a Mixer settings, now gmerlin has a mixer.
I got the Mic working with Skype , you definitely can see all the setting , real good. I have been trying to get this MIc working for over a year for Skype on this X86_64 box
What I don't understand is why Fedora doesn't use this App.

Thanks again

Jim