Re: Network Card Naming Issue

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:46:10 -0700
Phil Meyer <pmeyer themeyerfarm com> wrote:

> For administrators and serious tinkerers, understanding what is being
> used is the first step.

Yea. I could have saved many hours of confusion if the udev persistent
rule generation also sent mail to root saying "I've just written
this new hardware identifier to /etc/udev/70-persistent-cd.rules"

I would have gotten the mail, said "I wonder what the heck that
gibberish is?", then when I noticed the /dev/sr1 versus /dev/sr0
problem shortly after that, I would have said "Hey, maybe that
gibberish mail I just got has something to do with this." :-).