Re: Automatic Feed Scanner

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 15:28 -0200, Newton wrote:
> Dear Friends :
> I'll present an Automatic Scanning Management Document Project, and I
> would like to know if yours, with Automatic Feed Scanner experience,
> could be point a really good functional model ! I tried SANE, but I want
> experience ! For my personal, I tried models, without success
> Thanks for the help !
> Sincerely,
> Newton - Brazil

Newton,

I had an HPG85xi Color Officejet; The printer functions worked fine
using a PS driver but I could never get the scanner to function with
fedora.  I was able to use MS, and this was the only reason I left a MS
operating system around.  I still have this printer and it functions
very well.

I recently purchased a HP2840 Color Laserjet.  The printer functions
worked fine using either a PS or PCL driver, but I could never get the
scanner to function with fedora.  I had to use MS for the scanner
functions on this one too.  This printer is the worst HP product I have
ever purchased.  We used non HP toner cartridges, and after one cyle of
toner cartridge replacements I could not get the printer to work.  I
have had two HP printer service agents look at it and no one can fix it.
I eventually did some google searching to see if I could fix it, and
found two videos of users demonstrating their dislike by destroying the
printer with sledge hammers.  I have been thinking of doing the same.
When the printer worked it was great, but it worked for only a year.

I have not had much success in getting SANE to work so I will be
following your post with interest.

Greg Ennis