Re: How to make a Novatel Wireless EVDO Broadband Modem work using Network Manager

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 18:05 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> How to make a Novatel Wireless EVDO Broadband Modem work using Network
> Manager
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/novatel-wireless-modem/index.html

I saw the above, and while not having one of those modems, I wonder how
you cope with a system that, today, treats your modem as /dev/ttyUSB0,
but tomorrow something else is recognised, first, as a USB device, and
pushes your modem onto a different device name?  Or, does that not
happen because your modem would be the only USB *TTY* device to be found
on a system?

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-41.fc9.i686