Re: How to make a Novatel Wireless EVDO Broadband Modem work using Network Manager

On Sunday 23 November 2008 08:33:42 pm Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:05:47 -0600
>
> Dennis Gilmore <dennis ausil us> wrote:
> > I have to say that you are doing it completely wrong.
>
> In view of the fact that my method works and yours doesn't, I disagree.
If the way i suggested is not working then please file a bug.  the way i
described works perfectly well for my GSM modem  i have a "Dell Computer Corp.
Wireless 5500 Mobile Broadband (3G HSDPA) Minicard Modem"  as is said
initially if its not detected as a mobile broadband card then its a bug hal-
info is the correct component to file it against.  the hal quirk should live in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-modem.fdi  which tells NM that
its a mobile broadband device.

Dennis