Re: Region 2 DVD to Region 1 DVD

Thanks to all who responded.

Here is what I ended up doing.
I used k9copy to copy the region 2 PAL DVD to disk.
Then I used PgcEdit (wish8.5 PgcEdit_main.tcl) to edit the file system copy
of the DVD. I changed it from region 2 to region 1.
Next, I used k9copy to read from the file system DVD and burn a new DVD.
This DVD is region 1 PAL.
I then bought a (about) $50 JVC DVD player which could display region 1
NTSC and region 1 PAL DVDs (my existing and more expensive DVD player could
not handle PAL format).

Richard