Re: Joiner for Linux

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:46:06 -0600,
  "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
> There are several programs that will do that. You may want to check
> out cat. On the other hand, you may want to look at wget to do the
> downloading - it has a resume function to resume partial downloads
> from where you stopped. There are also programs like bittorrent that
> will download files in chunks.

I think he is trying to use the file size as a security mechanism and not
asking how to transfer large files.
This seems like a bad idea, but since we don't know the threat model and
his usage needs, its hard to give him specific better advice.
At least we know that it is open office files now. That may allow someone
to answer his specific question, as appearantly just using cat doesn't work
for him.