Re: F9 DOS?

Dave Feustel wrote:
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:20:33AM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
F9 Boot up this morning took forever. The system seemed to be stuck on starting
up sendmail. How to get around startups of services when startup hangs?

sendmail hanging at startup is usually a DNS problem as requests are timing out....

Also, My firewall is showing massive udp packets with state 1:0 from a single ip address
and I cannot ping to anything but my network ip address. Is this a sign of a DOS?
Everything was working great when I shutdown last night.

Not necessarily, it could just be that Comcast was screwed up for a while. They do use human being to maintain their network, and human beings are known to make misteaks from time to time....

Thanks.

Well, around 1215 I booted up F9 and now everything is working normally.
I have no idea what the problem was earlier unless Comcast was down.

Either its was Comcast, or the DOS stopped.  (yeah, I know, not too useful!)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com