Re: 100% CPU usage...

Tom Horsley wrote, On 11/22/2008 03:13 PM:
On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:20:21 +0300
"Waleed Harbi" <waleed harbi gmail com> wrote:

Have you checked top command results? (top)
Try look at TOP results which process utilize the CPU to 100%

`top -b -n1 |grep -A2 -e Cpu -e "%CPU"`
might have been useful to figure out what was going on.

I'm pretty sure I remember the pcscd that shipped with F8
having a bug that pegged it at 100% all the time.

It was not a bug in pcscd, but a strange interaction with ifd-cyberjack.bundle and the ccid bundle. If someone is having problems with pcscd pulling 100% and they need pcscd, then I would suggest making sure that:
 if they don't have a device served by ifd-cyberjack,
  then they issue:
   `rpm -e ifd-cyberjack` and `service pcscd restart`
  else if they do have an ifd-cyberjack
	then track down the other ifd's and the ccid package and remove them.

chkconfig --level 2345 pcscd off

put a stop to that (which isn't a problem unless you actually
use a smart card reader for authentication).

If it is not needed, then that would be reasonable.

BAH, I need to stop writing logic programs.

--
Todd Denniston