Re: tty hangs "gone - no logout" fc9 / runlevel 3

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:24:07 -0800
"gary artim" <gartim gmail com> wrote:

> Hi All --
>
> The problem is that if you use the tty terminal (ie boot runlevel 3)
> on logoff the tty hangs, a initctl start ttyn (where n is 1.)
> resurrects the tty. I've seen post about the problem but no
> resolution. Has it been pushed upstream? Thanks for any info on this!

There was a kernel bug with this property but it never made a mainstream
kernel just some 2.6.27 -next testing kernels where it was fixed. initctl
would also not resurrect the tty in that case.

So I've no idea what you are seeing but file a bug...