Re: Get F10 on usenet

Fred Silsbee wrote:
I am at home with my 3 Mbps cable modem! F10 takes 7-8 hours

Every time I've I've used bit torrent, it tells me initially what the estimated download time is.

It is always much much longer than the regular download time estimate!

Do you know why?

I started 2 torrents (x86_64 and i386 DVDs) at 10:30 this morning. The initial estimate was well over a day for both, but bittorrent continually updates that estimate based on how much is left to download and the current download rate. On my 15Mbps cable modem, I've yet to see either download exceed 200KBps for any appreciable length of time. I think I've been getting an average of a *total* of about 200KBps download speed all day long. Its been just over 7 hour now and the time estimates to completion are 4:18 and 1:27....(and the second download was started just a few minutes after the 1st....).

Maybe it doesn't really take that long!

YMMV

--
Kevin J. Cummings