Re: weigh in if you have or have had the iso dvd burn no verify problem

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: weigh in if you have or have had the iso dvd burn no verify problem
From: Fred Silsbee <fredsilsbee yahoo com>
To: Fedora List <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 11/26/2008 01:04 PM

after the burn/write, the DVD is ejected and then swallowed up again

only to be ejected once more !

The error is "no dvd found for verify!

I am also available at fredsilsbee yahoo com

You should state how you are burning. The program name. Disc type, (DL or not) and ISO type (Fedora 10 image? or your own?)

If you're talking about Brasero, yes, I have this issue all the time. In fact I've also seen it with nautilus. Sometimes the DVD will get ejected after burning and sometimes it will be ejected, then the door will close automatically and immediately. Even for the exact same ISO file. There is no logic to it.

I think this is a race condition between the automounter and the burning
software:  the burner resets the drive (thereby doing the eject), then
it reloads the drive but Gnome or whatever is grabbing it before the
burner code can.  Perhaps disabling the automount would fix that.

Just an idea to try.
-          Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.           -