Re: weigh in if you have or have had the iso dvd burn no verify problem

Fred Silsbee wrote:
--- On Wed, 11/26/08, Rick Stevens <ricks nerd com> wrote:

[snip]
You should state how you are burning. The program
name. Disc type, (DL or not) and ISO type (Fedora 10 image?
or your own?)
If you're talking about Brasero, yes, I have this
issue all the time. In fact I've also seen it with
nautilus. Sometimes the DVD will get ejected  after burning
and sometimes it will be ejected, then the door will close
automatically and immediately. Even for the exact same ISO
file. There is no logic to it.

I think this is a race condition between the automounter
and the burning
software:  the burner resets the drive (thereby doing the
eject), then
it reloads the drive but Gnome or whatever is grabbing it
before the
burner code can.  Perhaps disabling the automount would fix
that.

Just an idea to try.

How does one  "disabling the automount"

If you're using Gnome, open the "System" menu, then go to
"Preferences-->Personal-->File Management" and open the "Media" tab.
You can select actions for the various kind of removable media.  Either
set each to "Do Nothing" or select the "Never prompt or start programs on media insertion" option near the bottom.

In KDE, I don't know, but I'm sure there's something similar.
-      To err is human, to forgive, beyond the scope of the OS       -