Re: F9 - F10 Upgrade Left only GRUB prompt

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Richard England wrote:

I used preupgrade (1.0.0-1.fc9.noarch) to upgrade a Dell Latitude laptop from F9 to F10. Every thing seemed to go fine but on reboot I'm getting only a GRUB prompt.

If you get a grub> prompt, that means it can't find the grub.conf configuration file (or possibly that that file is corrupt). You could try something like
configfile (hd0,0)/grub/grub.conf
or
configfile (hd0,0)/boot/grub/grub.conf
and see if you can find it manually - tab completion is very useful in telling you if you are looking in the right place. "help" will list the available commands, and you can read a file via "cat". Incidentally (hd0,0) is the first partition of the first disk, probably sda1

	Michael Young