Re: has K3B been abandoned?

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:51:00 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:

> Yea, but there is clearly something strange going on
> because the latest bug I see is k3b ejecting the media
> then not being able to reload it, yet on the same system
> with the same kernel and same drive, the "eject -T"
> command is perfectly capable of ejecting and closing
> the tray.

eject uses consolehelper+PAM, k3b doesn't.

Opening and closing the tray here has never been a problem. Unless
background programs accessed the disc and blocked it temporarily.

However, what likely got lost in bugzilla noise (#440343) is the
difference in k3b's debug output compared with the older working
kernel. Perhaps there's interference with other components that
try to detect and auto-mount the disc as soon as it's being reloaded.