Re: F10 NFS Install Query

Simon Andrews wrote:
John Austin wrote:
Hi

Previous versions of Fedora just needed the .iso file
on the server for an NFS install

For F10 I needed to mount the file in loopback and copy the contents of
the DVD to a separate directory before
anaconda could find it - is this a bug or a feature?

I had the same problem. Anaconda appends /images/image.img to the end of the NFS path, which then fails.

This must be a big - I fail to see how it could be considered a feature.

Someone else reported that you can bypass the problem by specifying your nfs directory in the initial boot options:

method=nfsiso:example.com:/some/dir/

This worked for me.

I've reported this as a bug BZ#473251

Feel free to add comments...