Plymouth on ATI X1400 hardware and text plugin

Hello,

Thanks for a wonderful release! I have a Dell E1505 with onboard ATI
X1400 card with 128MB memory.

I tried the Fedora 10 x86_64 Live from a USB thumbdrive.  I was hoping
to see the plymouth graphical boot but was greeted with a text plugin
(3 progress bars on the borttom of the screen). Everything else works
well.

I thought modesetting was available on R500 (X1400) ATI hardware. Is
there anything special that I have to do to get this activated?

Thanks in advance!
Steve