Re: Is there a way to put an application icon in the "tray" ?

On Thursday 27 November 2008 13:13:19 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> Is there a way to put an application icon (evolution, konqueror,
> dolphin, etc) in the "tray" (ie the bar at the bottom of the desktop, or
> should I say edge) in KDE 4.1.3 ?
>
> I know about putting application icons on the desktop itself.  I've done
> that.
>
> Aside: is the "tray" now called a panel ?

It is indeed.  The easiest way to put an icon into the panel is to locate the
icon in kickoff (the new-style menu) and right-click it.  You will be offered
the opportunity to put an icon either on the desktop or the panel (both if you
want, but only one job at a time :-) )

Anne