of all things, my ntfs access in Dolphin is not working

It didn't even ask for the root password as in the past.

Last yum update for ntfswas Nov 7 but I haven't had the problem until today.

Error:

system responded while accessing volume(ntfs)

org.freedesktop.HAL.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure

TODO: have to rethink extra options

I switched to (dual boot) XP Prof to see if the drive had gone bad...no problem there.