Re: Customzing xorg config in Fedora 10

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm running Fedora 10 on a HP Compaq nx7400 laptop (fresh install, was
using Fedora 9 before), which also has an external 20" LCD attached to
it.

In Fedora 9, I added a "Virtual 3360 1050" line to the Screen section in
xorg.conf in order to run my desktop on both displays.  In Fedora 10, a
xorg.conf file is no longer created, so I'm not clear on how to
duplicate my old dual display config.

What should the xorg.conf file look like so that I may add my custom
"Virtual" line?  I don't want to add anything more than the bare minimum
necessary for this to work.

Regards,

Ranbir

I think if you read the thread at this link you will be able to get it working. It explains how to create an xorg.conf file and how to troubleshoot it a little. If you still have your f9 xorg.conf you could also try it.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-November/msg02401.html