USB boot on a Toshiba notebook

Evening All,

I have a Toshiba Equium A60-692 and would like to try F10 without destroying Mr Gates's "image" on the HD. I've run the Live CD - very impressive - but would like to try say setting up an F10 on an external USB-HD or a modifiable USB stick. Sad thing is... Toshiba-san decided that his bios will only accept HD, CD, or USB-FDD as boot possibilities. Does anyone have an idea how I can fiddle the stick or external HD to make it look like a USB-FDD????

Thanks for any ideas!

Dave