Re: Workstations shutting down for no apparent reason (F8)

Alain Cochard wrote:
Hello.  I am running 40 workstations with 3 kinds of hardware, all
under fedora 8.  From time to time -- about once every 3 days -- one
of the machine (not always the same) shuts itself down.  Otherwise
they are running 24 hours a day every day.
The excerpt of the /var/log/messages that seems relevant to me is
always similar to the following:

If you have instant off set in the bios, there are a number of motherboards
on which the power switch will pick up enough noise (from the wires going to the power switch) to think it was send a proper off signal even though no one is pushing the button...

The easiest solution is to not set instant off.