Re: KVM + QEMU --> Vista sound

Jerry Feldman wrote:
I installed Windows Vista under KVM/QEMU (initially F9, now F10), but Windows does not detect the sound. I had the Install audio set up initially, but Vista does not detect the sound. Previously I had Windows XP under Virtualbox.

The only reason I use Windows is to test out virtualization since most everything I do exists under Linux.

If you are doing this with some install tool, I can't help. If you are running the kvm by hand, as I usually do, try "-soundhw es1370" and see if that works. Does for me on several things, none of them VISTA, so I can't be sure.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>