Re: does the DVD ISO for F10 ever change?

Fred Silsbee wrote:
Let me explain:

I just downloaded F10 dvd iso and burned it onto a DVD -R

It works great and survived a number of tests.

Question: If I repeat the procedure in a few months, will the data change due to updates!

I.e. does the dvd iso image keep up with updates?

If not, I'd expect that the backlog of yum updates would be staggering in a few months.

Set your yum.conf to keep the RPMs, put them on a DVD, and after the install upgrade from that. Then do the "yum upgrade" to catch anything more recent. I have a slightly more complex method, but what I just said will keep the effort controlled.

fedoraunity for respins, but just being able to upgrade without going via network is helpful.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>