Re: F10 Firefox 3.0.4 - text entry field ugliness/corruption

Brian Mury writes:

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 16:45 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
After upgrading from F9 to F10, the new Firefox 3.0.4 comes up with its UI text entry fields (such as the URL field) initially drawn with light gray background color.

[snip]

Anyone else seeing same fugliness?

Yes. I upgraded from F9 (via the DVD), in case it matters.

I think I figured it out. This happens if your default Gnome theme specifies a non-white background for text entry fields. If you switch to a Gnome theme with white text entry fields, this fugliness goes away. This is an obvious bug in Firefox. Some parts of it ignore Gnome theme settings.

You can do this by opening firefox, then opening the theme switcher, and cycling through the themes until you find out that paints the URL field white, then apply it.