I don't get Folderview. Was: Is there a way to put an application icon in the "tray" ?

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 08:14 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I have two quite small folderviews on my desktop.  They are set to
> give me
> instant access to my home partition on the server and the data
> partition.
> Although I could get to them perfectly easily by navigation in
> dolphine this
> way is much quicker. :-)
>
> Anne

OK, now you have opened a can of worms... I still don't get Folderview.
Like you just said, why not put a folder icon on the desktop and just
use Dolphin ?   As a matter of fact, that is what I am doing right now.

What does Folder View give us that Dolphin doesn't ?   As a matter of
fact, there are a lot of things that FV doesn't allow that make it
frustrating for me.   Like you can't drag and drop files between two
folderviews, for example.

Like I said in a previous post, FV isn't working on my machine.  Its
freezing it up.  Don't ask me why.   So I am not using any FVs.  And
frankly, I am not missing them.