Re: F10 nfs installs

Mike Cloaked wrote:

Interestingly I was trying to set this up from an existing F9 system with
SElinux enabled, and following the guidance at the page you quote I did:
[root physics30 f10]# mount -o loop
/home/mike/isos/f10/Fedora-10-i386-DVD.iso /mnt/tmp -t iso9660
then [root physics30 f10]# cp -a /mnt/tmp/images .
cp: cannot create directory `./images': Permission denied

This is the same whether root or user.  However cp -r does get copies of the
files!

Don't use "cp -a" to copy read-only filesystems. "cp" will create the destination directories with the same read-only permissions, and will be unable to write files into them.