Squid stops firefox after upgrade to F10 from F9

I've had to turn of the proxy on Firefox so as to access the internet.

Hopefully Franck Cox can tell me what I need to do (as it is his setup
for the ultimate web browsing machine that I use).

In /etc/squid I see three files (amongst others):

squid.conf - squid.conf.default and squid.conf.rpmnew .

The first one is dated in May, and presumably is the one that contains
the modifications that I made to use Franck's setup. But why isn't it
using it now? And why is there a .default file?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire