Re: Mirroring Fedora

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Thomas Cameron wrote:
I know that there are a ton of duplicate files between the i386 and
the  x86_64 directories.  Is there an easy way to do something like
hard link  duplicate files or maybe a better way to rsync so that
duplicate files  are considered?

There is a -H option for rsync, to make it preserve hardlinks.  This
and other useful tips for mirroring are at:

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring

Running hardlink on your mirror can also help (and is also mentioned
at the URL above).

Hrm - I added that and reran the sync but since each rsync job is separate, it isn't hardlinking between the directories. I think I need to mess around with the rsycn command so that it encompasses both the i386 and the x86_64 directories in on sync. Off to play with the syntax, I guess.

--
Thomas