Re: The gpg wizard

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Yes, all the commands work, although during the encrypt and decrypt I got
> can't connect to `/tmp/gpg-h6iHaR/S.gpg-agent': No such file or directory
> That may or may not indicate a problem, but considering gpg-agent's purpose I
> doubt if it is the cause of my trouble.
I ran into a similar problem with enigmail recently.  Was not able to
sign/encrypt out going emails as I would not get the pass phrase dialog
box and I did get the same sort of error message.

I wish I could tell you exactly what fixed it.  I fiddled around with
the enigmail preferences, enabled "Display expert settings"...I believe
I may have toggled the "use gpg-agent" button in the Advanced section
(can't recall how it was set) and set up for Debugging.

Somewhere along the line it just started to work again.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Deliberation, n.: The act of examining one's bread to determine which
side it is buttered on. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"