some feedback on fedora 10

OK, I just upgrated to fedora 10. I've already filed some bug reports, but here's some feedback.

1) FC9 preupgrade didn't work. It left the /var off of the cache location. I had to fix it manually and reboot. 2) nv driver is broken with my card. Bug filed on that, so I won't go into too much further detail, except to say it doesn't detect ANY video ram. 3) One thing I would really, really like - and I'm half tempted to just write it myself - is a tool to take the stock fedora kernel and build a new one - with the options that *I* want. Building a new kernel is a pain in the kiester, and the lack of a good tool to do so (I'm not aware of one and a quick search on freshmeat doesn't turn one up) is kind of... surprising, considering that the kernel has been around for so many years. Is it that much of a black art? 4) KMS seems cool, but it doesn't work on my card, so it falls back to a lame progress bar on the bottom of the screen. Can we be a little more informative than that? It didn't even tell me I could press escape, I had to figure that out on my own.

Other than that fact that I can't get X to working properly either with the proprietary or free drivers, seems pretty cool. However, *that* is a showstopper.

--Russell