Re: F10: too many Network headaches

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:43:31 -0500
lanas <lanas securenet net> wrote:

> What's the good of a new manager if it doesn't do all aspects of the
> job right ?

Yea, I never understood where the insane desire to rewrite everything
from scratch came from (making it incompatible in the process).

If I were doing it, I would have left the existing network service
in change and put a layer on top of it that could stop the network,
swap in new definitions, and start it up again. 100% backward compatible
because the core implementation didn't change, and if you aren't
flitting about from hot spot to hot spot, nothing at all changes.