Re: Double logwatch reports?

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:53:12 -0800
Knute Johnson <linux www knutejohnson com> wrote:

On occasion I get two logwatch reports for the same day. Usually 4 hours and 2 minutes later. Any ideas where to look for the problem?

Had you rebooted your system around that time? For me it was the
anacron service running "missed" cron jobs that hadn't actually
been missed. I finally decided anacron wasn't doing anything useful
for me and disabled the service.

It's my mail and http server machine. I never turn it off. It did report restarting rsyslogd just before it was to do the first log report.

--

Knute Johnson
linux www knutejohnson com