Re: Fedora (DVD release) install from USB thumbdrive?

Steve Repo wrote:
How do I install the DVD version of Fedora 10 to my thumbdrive? Since
I do lot of installs on various computers, installing it from a thumb
drive is much more convenient since none of the boxes have DVD drives
and I rather not carry a external USB drive and DVD for install.

I have a similar problem. The DVD reader on my laptop is busted. Here's an idea that could work. liveusb-creator can create a bootable USB of the netinst ISO. The DVD iso can be placed in a folder on the same USB and it should be possible to pull it up for installation using the Install From HDD option available when the USB boots.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218