From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Ed Greshko
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:56 AM
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.
Subject: Re: install the Korn SHELL program

Ed Greshko wrote:
./filter
Bash : ./filter:/bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

What is the problem?

How did your create the script "filter"?  Did you create it on a windows
machine?  The "^M" at the end of the line seems suspicious.

Forgot to mention you should try...

dos2unix filter

and they try to execute filter again.

Have you verified that the Korn shell (/bin/ksh) really exists on your machine (was installed properly) and that it is in a location included in your PATH variable?

What happens if you enter the command
$ /bin/ksh

In my case, I don't have ksh installed and I get:

$ /bin/ksh
bash: /bin/ksh: No such file or directory