Re: run bash script on a MAC?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 02:03 +0000, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
On my FC7 box I wrote a bash script that my daughter
wants to run on her MAC.  I know nothing of the MAC.
Would this work?  BTW, the script is essentially a
for loop that renames files.

MacOS is Unix (BSD) with a lot of stuff on top, so yes it will work,
except for bugs in the script of course. For example, does it handle
filenames with spaces in them?

For added fun, HFS+ is case-preserving, rather than case-sensitive, by default. If you're not careful, this can do bad things, as I learned when I used fink to install libwww-perl, and /usr/bin/HEAD wiped out /usr/bin/head.

-- Chris