Re: Linux and Lightscribe Technology

> I've poked around the net looking for something to address my desire to
> use my Fedora 8 box to burn Lightscribe labels onto my CDs and DVDs.  But,
> most of the software I found seems to be about 2-years old.

Hey, if it "just works" who needs an update?

I install a couple of rpms I found at LaCie software:

4L-1.0-r6.i586.rpm
lightscribe-1.10.27.1-linux-2.6-intel.rpm

That gives me the 4L-gui program to run which lets me burn
any old image I want, with gimp to manufacture the image.

Of course, I find the contrast on the images pretty
feeble, so I'm not all that impressed with the whole
lightscribe thing, but it does seem to work fine.