display hw info from command line

I know there are several semi-related tools for displaying hardware installed in a system, and I can use all those if I must. But what I"m interested in is any new tools that can compile and display the hardware installed in a server or export it to a text file in an easy to read format.

I've been looking at sysinfo, hwinfo and others, but most of those seem dead development wise. So are there any recent ones I"ve missed?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support