amarok and cover flow on ipod nano 2nd gen

Hello,
I have an ipod nano 2nd gen 8Gb black.
I have set it up inside amarok and I can transfer songs/albums.
But it seems I don't get cover flows on ipod....
amarok is 1.4.10-1.fc9.i386
Any hints?
After fetching covers from amazon into collection and trying to
transfer to device the album I only get songs...
Selecting ipod -> update artwork gives "updated artwork for 177
tracks" but actually nothing on ipod (no covers at all)

Thanks,
Gianluca