thanks...job well done

just did a yum update

everything went perfectly

Now the nvidia.ko kernel mismatch message is gone at boot

no more phonon not working message

and...I did NOT have to do a

>rpmscarf -whatthe hell pdr50693/abcd 'raise the drawbridge'

from an old IBM commercial:

"People should think, machines should work"

Now I can get back to programming and appreciating the great work done by the update guys True teamwork

after I have mastered several different subjects and finished my work, I may come back and master yum