Re: [Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> wrote:

> Why forward publicly accessibly messages from one list to another
> within the same community?

I look at it from a different perspective: I think the -announce list
is a low-traffic list that only re-posts announcements from the
-discuss list that should be read by all. I'd prefer the -announce
list as a subset of -discuss. I've seen it work that way in several
other communities and think it's helpful. Reposting announcements to
discuss automatically creates the discussion thread that an
announcement might kick off.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC