NetworkManager crashes system on Thinkpad T41 (?)

Hello,

when I'm connected to the wired network and try to disable networking
in NM, it produces a hard system crash (desktop and everything else
stops, only way to move forward is the power button). This with the
newest updates as of today. Anyone noticed this before?

I looked at the system logs and found nothing suspicious, but maybe
I'm not looking carefully enough.

Thanks,

Peter