Re: [Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 19:36 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I don't think you understand why there *IS* an announce list...

I do.  I don't think some others do, though...

If the announcement was worth sending to both lists, the announcement
can be (and sometimes is - look at the headers for some).  What I find
really annoying is someone *else* who decides that they should go about
forwarding from one list to another.

In general I would think that any post to announce probably should be copied to the general list. The announce really should be a subset of general, not a disconnected conversation. So perhaps the original fault was that the announce didn't go to the general list, and someone fixed it.

People who wade through this list are unlikely to (a) be bothered by a few posts with important information, and (b) probably don't want to have to go read yet another list to catch announcements.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>