Re: f9 encrypted fs - how???

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 00:40:07 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang rupprecht+gnus200810 gmail com> wrote:

> I see lots of references that F9 supports a encrypted filesystems
> natively and I recall that the installer even offered to set up
> encryption for me.  The question is, how does one set up encryption
> later on?  I can't find any recent documentation.  Google has millions

You aren't going to be able to change an existing file system in place.
Probably the easiest solution is to back up your data and configuration
information and reinstall.
You can use cryptsetup (using the luks commands) to set up an encrypted
block device on top of a partition. You can then use mkfs to make a new
file system on top of the encrypted device. This is what you would do for
setting up encryption on a usb device. For a file system you want mounted
at boot time, you'll also need to make an entry in /etc/fstab.