Wireless, Broadcom

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Oct 3 21:24:08 UTC 2008

Vincent Onelli wrote:

> [vinnyo at localhost ~]$ sudo apt-get install nddiswrapper-utils ndisgtk
> [sudo] password for vinnyo: (here I entered my root PW)
> Sorry, try again.
> [sudo] password for vinnyo: (here I entered my user PW)
> vinnyo is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
>
> I could not even get start, What am I doing wrong?

I think you are asking how to get on the sudoer list?

The answer to that is to give the command "visudo" as root.
Personally, I then uncomment the "wheel without password" line,
and then run "vigr" and "vigr -s" to add myself
to the wheel group.
I don't know if that is the official route.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net