Re: Unable to build NVIDIA kernel module

Trapper wrote:
Alex Makhlin wrote:
Has anyone ran into this error "Unable to build NVIDIA kernel module" while installing the latest Nvidia drivers? Anyone know the fix?

I don't know if it's the same circumstances but I do know I had to do

this prior to installing the drivers from livna.

yum install kernel-devel kernel-headers glibc-headers

Trapper

I have those installed already and am still getting the same error. The last time that I installed an Nvidia driver on this laptop I used an RPM file but can't remember which one it was. rrrrrr. This time I am trying to install the driver from Nvidia "NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.08-pkg1.run" and am using Fedora 9 KDE 4.1. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks