Re: IPV6INIT=no, but does anyway on local network

Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> writes:
> How does one go about disabling that?

Why, pray tell?

IPv6 is just about the only way one can reach one's internal machines
from the outside world when has a cheap ISP that hands out a single
IPv4 address.  The 6to4 tunnel makes it trivial to set up IPv6.
(I run a static tunnel, but from my notes, I believe this is what I
had to do to get the simple 6to4 tunnel working.)

    echo "IPV6_DEFAULTDEV=tun6to4">> /etc/sysconfig/network
    echo "NETWORKING_IPV6=yes"    >> /etc/sysconfig/network
    echo "IPV6INIT=yes"    >> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
    echo "IPV6TO4INIT=yes" >> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.