Re: fdisk: plus sign in the blocks number

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 10:47 AM, g <geleem bellsouth net> wrote:
> Aldo Foot wrote:
>> I guess it would be more accurate to go by cylinders. But I'd have to
>> convert the units to megabytes in order to get the partition size I
>> want...
>
> ok. so just what it is that you are trying to do?
>
> get even partitions with out '+' or '-'?
>
> if so, please post *full* output from 'fdisk -l' and 'sfdisk -l'.
>
> it will be easier to help knowing how partitions are being seen.

Yes the idea is to have a clean partition layout.
In the initial email I sent I asked about the relevance of having the +/-
in the partitions when it comes to resizing and manipulating volumes
and raid disks.

I'll follow up next Monday. I don't have the computer in front of me right now.

thanks.
~af