Re: Login sound -- library mode

Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
Does anyone know how to silence F8 login sounds short of turning down login sounds and other audio.... Tossing /usr/share/sounds/login.wav to the side seems to be sloppy.

It is the classic boot in a library or lecture hall problem but I do not see any easy 'designed' way to get there from here.

I would like all sounds do be well dialed back in such situations not just the login....

System > Preference > Hardware > Sounds

Click on the Sounds tab at the top of the dialog,
Go to the bottom of the list and change the settings for "Log in:" to "no sound" in the selection box.
Make other adjustments as necessary.

The alternative is to change the overall level of volume for "PCM" I believe. I'd have to check.

~~R